Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eagle Season is Finally Here

I think this may be my best Eagle Photograph to date.
Eagle Season finally seems to be here.  I am starting to see more eagles than I was in the past month.  So it appears that the eagles have finally gotten here.  It has been an odd year because of the mild temperatures, so the season is starting later than normal.  But I am happy that they are finally here.

He got a little to close and I cut off his other wing, but I was still happy with the shot.
Yesterday was an amazing day.  All the wildlife were very active, including the black ducks, seagulls, and bald eagles.  The day started out with about a dozen bald eagles sitting in the trees.  Then one eagle would dive bomb the water and all the other eagles would then follow, trying to steal his catch.  Then they would land back up in the trees and repeat the process.  So most of my photographs were of flying eagles.  The hard thing for me is I use a manual focus lens at 650mm for most of my flying shots.  So it is much harder to get good shots.  I also took some pictures of seagulls and ducks fishing but none of the shots were that impressive. 




I also noticed that yesterday there were a lot more bald eagles than there has been in the past few weeks.  Plus it was not a normal day because the eagles remained active for most of the day, including the middle hours, which does not normally happen.  So I guess I was lucky.  Another hard part about getting good photographs is dueling it out with other photographers that are there.  Because there are only a few places to park where you can get good shots.  I hope to go back out tomorrow and Saturday, so check back in a few days for the next post.  Don’t forget to leave comments, and I will try and get back to you as soon as possible.      

No comments:

Post a Comment