Saturday, October 27, 2012

Marbled Orb Weaver Spider

I am very sorry that I did not get to upload these photographs during my break.  Then I was back in school and very focused on my work.  I finally got a chance today to go over the photographs from my break.  Break was fun, but not long enough.  I spent one day with my father out looking for anything to photograph.  We spent most of the day at the Bashakill Wildlife Management Area, and I got a few shots of a Great Blue Heron but didn't see much else.  I was disappointing to find that the images of them were not great so I decided not to post them.


But when I got home from the trip I took a look around the yard for the first time in a while and I found two crazy looking spiders about the size of a quarter or larger.  I had never seen anything like them before.  There were just so bright in color.  Then I looked them up and found out they were Marbled Orb Weaver Spiders.


I thought it was funny because exactly the same spots that they were in, a few months before there were Micrathena spiders that I took pictures of.  So it was amazing to me to actually get my best shots right in my yard.  This always seems to happen.  Whenever I go out in my garden I always find crazy things.  I was a little disappointed with the last shot because I think the light reflection in the bottom was caused by the white gutter that runs down the house there.  But overall I was happy with them.


I thought this would be a perfect time to upload them just in time for Halloween.  Hope you enjoy them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment