Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nyquist Harcourt Wildlife Sanctuary Trip


Last week I took a trip to Nyquist Harcourt Wildlife Sanctuary and was very pleased with the experience.  It was the first time I had ever been there.  The trails are very well kept and I was surprised by the abundance of wildlife.


Crossing over the first bridge I saw some ducks on one side including wood ducks and black ducks I believe and on the other side there was some Mute Swans with babies.  The shots I got of the Mute Swans didn't come out well so I am not going to post them.  I was rather disappointed with the shots of them.

I did get a couple shots of the ducks and there babies as well as a fly catcher.  I also saw tanagers which I don't see that often.  It was a shame I did not get a good shot at them either.  I also saw some Herons but they were not cooperating.  They kept hiding in the marsh.  I also saw a downy woodpecker but he only stayed for a second.  But I was very happy with the trip and did manage a few good shots.  The only thing I didn't like about the fly catcher shots was the shadows from the harsh sun, but other than that I was very pleased.  Hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment