Thursday, May 31, 2012

Macro Shots


Here are the macro photographs that I took last week.  I was really just testing my fathers set of kenko extension tubes with my 55-250mm lens.  It seemed to work very well.  But I just would like to get even closer.  It was good that I could stand at a distance away so I did not spook anything, but it was about a 1 to 1 ratio, and I just would like to get really close to the subject.  Macro photographs of insects are amazing and I would just like to get one great shot.  The bee photograph came out pretty good.  I think the color is what made it stand out to me.  Plus I noticed the different color in the bees eyes and thought that was cool.


I also photographed some of the flowers out in the garden outside.  This shot seemed to be the best.  I liked the crisp focus and then the soft blur towards the middle.  I am on the verge of buying some new equipment.  I know I'm going to get a reversing ring, plus a shutter release cable, but I'm also looking into getting a set of extension tubes or a bellows.  I'm hoping to order them this week.  Please let me know what you think of these photographs, and let me know about any macro equipment that you would recommend.

1 comment: