Monday, December 2, 2019

GoPro Hero 8 on its way


I have been spending my weekends out an about but I have not managed any good photographs. I spent a couple of days at the Bashakill Wetlands and didn't really see to much. I did encounter a lot of people out enjoying the trails before winter set in this week. I have also been monitoring the local reservoirs for eagle activity, but I have only seen a couple. Nothing close enough to photograph. I did see some kind of weasel or fisher but I was not sure exactly what it was. The photographs I did manage were to blurry. It was a long way away from me, but I was still very happy to get the opportunity to see it. I don't normally see them.

This weekend was another lost weekend because of the major snowstorm. The roads have been to dangerous to risk going anywhere, and it is still snowing. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

Since I was stuck mostly inside I decided I would order a GoPro Hero 8 and some other stuff. I am hoping to start making vlog videos for YouTube in the future. I figured getting a video camera would be the only way for me to accomplish that so I made the purchase while it was on sale this weekend. I had already ordered a Rode video micro microphone for my camera so I can start to do some videography of my trips. I am hoping that this winter I will be able to take some video of the bald eagles that I have been photographing for over a decade.

Since I was basically stuck at home I decided that I would make a Shutterstock account and test my luck with selling some of the my photographs. I am interested to see how it turns out. So far 9 out of 10 of my images were accepted. I was extremely happy about that. I was all worried that my images would not even make the cut to be accepted. Only time will tell how this will work out for me. Over time I hope that I can talk a little more about my findings with Stock photography.

I am hoping to get out an take more photographs soon. Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment